Sunday, October 20, 2013

crocodiles, krokodil

Ok so I usually keep things light and fluffy like a good cake frosting on this blog, but THIS, this is so revolting, I NEED to share. Remember the bath salts debacle, well this may be worse. Back when bath salts occurred people didn't know if you bought this new drug at 711 you might end up eating someone's face off. But now there's a drug called Krokodil, or desomorphine if you want to get technical, and while you won't end up becoming a cannibal it's nicknamed the "cannibal drug" b/c it literally eats YOU from the inside out. Apparently it was made in the 1930's as a painkiller but now that it's being made anywhere now, the toxic chemicals in the ingredients used are making for a horrific combination. It's considered to be the poor man's heroin but is actually three times more addictive than heroin itself! While being a good girl myself I had to look up this stuff so don't be alarmed and think, "how does she know that a heroin high lasts almost 3 hours while krokodil is only 90 minutes?" I didn't, I researched it. For $5 or more (1/10 the price of heroin) you can buy a mix of morphine, gasoline, codeine,  alcohol, paint thinner or lighter fluid. It can melt your teeth. It begins to rot your flesh and skin from the inside out and causes gangrene and abscesses . In some cases, people's muscles and tendons were so badly exposed they needed skin grafts and amputations. Users skin begins to turn scaly, black and green in certain spots resulting in a crocodile like appearance, hence the street reference krokodil.  It's been reported to have been used in Russia for over a decade and cases have been popping up in the past two weeks in Arizona, Illinois and beyond. The scariest part? Doctors are saying that once people start using this drug their life expectancy is one to two years at most
 
The photos of what this drug can do to a body are so gruesome I won't even post them on this blog, so if you want to see them go here.

11 comments:

  1. As I was reading, I hoped you didn't post a pic as an example because I had seen some, and they are so terrible. Eek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh how horrible!! This world is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. can you imagine injecting paint thinner or gasoline into your veins?!

      Delete
  3. It's amazing to me what people will try. Last night I actually looked at some of those Meth before and after photos and wondered to myself what makes a person even try it in the first place?? I'm wondering if I should look at the krokodil pictures. Are they worse than the meth ones?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the picture of the exposed bone somewhere else. It looks pretty photoshopped to me, no?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, they're saying people have needed amputations and that muscle and bone have been exposed and seen. I don't know I'm not good at figuring that out. I thought it was real....

      Delete
  5. Like I needed something else to worry about! Raising kids is sooooo hard/scary! I just want to keep my eyes on my three 24/7...but hopefully, the more I know about crazy, scary stuff like this, the more I can educate them. *shudder*

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's sad and scary what people do to themselves. :( Why??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh God, why do people do things like this?! That sounds terrible.

    ReplyDelete