Friday, August 30, 2013

The influence of Oz on todays movies,according to John

Sometimes I wonder if John and I are really a perfect match, cinematically speaking of course.  I 

know he's my match in every other way because eharmony told me so, jk, we met on jdate, still jk .  

He's never seen Talladege Nights for instance and I quote that movie like it's the 2nd coming, "Thank

 you sweet baby Jesus." I made reference to Hot Tub Time Machine last week and I got a blank stare. 

 This morning I woke up after being sick and he was gone.  I called out to him, searched the upstairs,

looked in the driveway for his car, yep he was gone.  So I did the logical thing, I got on facebook to

see if he had updated his whereabouts. Obviously, I was not feeling well, because that was the

stupidest idea ever. John rarely updates his status.

Then he came home, he had gone to get a haircut. I hugged him and jokingly said, " I couldn't find

 you, NEVER leave me again...But if you do I'll find yooooooooooouuuuuuuu!!!"  

NameThatMovie!!!!  John smiled at me and said," Oh, that's that ugh, movie, The Wizard of Oz."

Excuse me? Oz? Who am I with?!?! 

I shook my head and explained to him that the correct answer was wedding crashers and then shook

my head again and asked him," The Wizard of Oz?"

"Yea you know Dorothy says it when she wants to go home."  Wow, I had no idea that the writers of

Wedding Crashers were plagiarists. I am shocked and ashamed.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment